Electronics-Lab.com Community

What is your favorate programing language?

tweak232

What is your favorate programing language?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorate programing language?

• assembly
    • Basic(any branch of it)
    • C
    • Other(plz post)

• 3 weeks later...

tweak232, so you're a BSD fanboy, what do you think of Linux?

Do you prefer BSD?

I used to program alot in Qbasic and assembly, but I've not done any programming for 5 years.

Do you prefer BSD?

Although aimed at another user, I can answer that from my own experience. I started with BSD back in '98 as an alternative to Windows, and then moved to Linux from there. I've used both OpenBSD & FreeBSD (my personal preference), and pretty much any flavor of Linux out there. Basically as far as I'm concerned, it boils down to what you're doing and how stable you want your system to be - if you're running a server platform, choose BSD (or one of the more stable Linux derivitives, e.g. Debian), and if you want a good all around machine to work with, be it gaming, internet, multimedia (or a server) choose Linux. Linux generally has better hardware support, and generally a larger user base from which to draw support for this issue or that.

Now, having said all that, I'm posting this from a Win XP box. :P

Do you prefer BSD?

Honestly, It has been several months since I have used either. I think that linux could be consitered more mature, as far more people use is and work on improving it. But If you want something closer to the original roots; like System IV, bsd is what would be closest.

If anyone feels that they may have an intrest in linux, but is not dedicated enough to install it on their system (or if the system is not their own to begin with). There is a live cd out, that runs the entire os on cd-rom, and a ramdisk: it is called knoppix, try it, you have nothing to lose: http://knoppix.com/. It has come a long way from version 3.2, and even supports ntfs.

I've have knoppix and Vector Linux, I've tried Redhat and it sucks I'm amazed at how much resources it guzzels and how light and fast both knoppix and Vector Linux are.

What do you think of Micro$oft and what's your opinion of Winbloze?

Are you BobTheHob over on http://www.microsuck.com?

I'm Aloone_Jonez by the way.

Oh, wonderful...another OS war thread....just what we need on an electronics site.

Why don't you Operating system guys go to a site that is dedicated to operating systems and programming languages? (and lord knows there are way too many of them out there)
This is an electronics site.

MP

• 1 year later...