Electronics-Lab.com Community

EYE SIGHT SENSOR

prateeksikka

Some virtual reality head sets and tell where your eyes are looking by reflectig a low powered infrared beam of your retina. Lets not forget iris scanners that can identify people.

prateeksikka ,
Imadgine the retina acts lik a mirror to infra red light.  You can stand in front of the window on a sunny day and reflect the sunlight around the room with a small mirror or watch. The virtuality reality head set could work on the same principle.

HI MP!
THE LINK GIVEN BY YOU GIVES THE SPECTRUM OF WHITE LIGHT ,THE WAVELENGTH AND FREQUENCIES.BUT I WISH TO KNOW WHAT THING WOULD YOU EXPLOIT FROM THE HUMAN EYE TO GET THE OUTPUT?
LIKE IF I RADIATE LIGHT AND RECIEVE IT BACK,HOW TO JUDGE THAT IT HAS REFLECTED FROM THE RETINA AND NOT MY GLASS WINDOW PANE?
:-\
PRATEEK

• 2 weeks later...

Your eyes detect only red, green and blue with some overlap. Your brain determines colours in between and can be fooled.
As example, the colour Yellow emits a wavelength between red and green. If you look at a red object and a green object that are close together, like a red/green LED, your brain thinks it is yellow. ;D