Jump to content
Electronics-Lab.com Community

Hi Friend


Recommended Posts

Guest Alun

Hi hanny, alkv23 got the terms "current" and "voltage" mixed up. He said he wanted a current converter to convert 24V to 12V, he really meant a voltage converter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Alun

Yes or the correct term for this circuit is a voltage regulator. In this case it's a linear regulator since the drop in voltage wastes power and produces heat. There are switching regulatora that drop the voltage and increase the availible current and these are more efficent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...