Electronics-Lab.com Community

Good Books?

Tekker

Hey guys,

I was wondering, what are some of your favorite electronics books? I have a two year associate degree in electronics and I feel I have a pretty good understanding of the basics in a lot of areas, but I'm looking to take it to the next level. I've read some of the posts on hear and it makes my head hurt. ??? A lot of you folks really know your stuff, and I would love to get to that level...... Someday. :D

So what are the "essential" books that you just couldn't live without?

Thanks,
-tkr

hi there! tekker!
i know a book for basics which you cant live without even if u know noting of electronics and even if u know everything about electronics.the book is called "ELECTRONIC PRINCIPLES" by "MALVINO".
IF U HAVE READ FUNDAMENTALS OF PHYSICS BY RESNICK AND HALLIDAY PREVIOUSLY THEN ITS CREAM ON CAKE .
FOR COMMUNICATIONS "KENNEDY GEORGE" AND "SHOENBECK" ARE GOOD BOOKS.
FOR ANALOG SYSTEMS U CAN STUDY "MILLMAN HALKIAS"AND "MILLMAN TAUB".
8)
PRATEEK

hi there! tekker!
i know a book for basics which you cant live without even if u know noting of electronics and even if u know everything about electronics.the book is called "ELECTRONIC PRINCIPLES" by "MALVINO".

Yep, I agree. I already have this book (I wasn't expecting to see one recommended I already own haha!). It was one of the books we used in my electronics classes. So that's nice to hear others like this book too. :)

IF U HAVE READ FUNDAMENTALS OF PHYSICS BY RESNICK AND HALLIDAY PREVIOUSLY THEN ITS CREAM ON CAKE .

Nope, haven't read that book.... Bookmarking it.

FOR COMMUNICATIONS "KENNEDY GEORGE" AND "SHOENBECK" ARE GOOD BOOKS.

Great! I've got a book on communications called Electronic Communications Technicians by Tom Wheeler, which is also good book.

FOR ANALOG SYSTEMS U CAN STUDY "MILLMAN HALKIAS"AND "MILLMAN TAUB".

Do you have a name of the book by Millman Taub? That was the only name that didn't come up on amazon.com.... and a lot of stuff turned up on google for that name, so it would help narrow it down if I had a book title to search for also.

Thanks a lot prateek, I was beginning to wonder if anyone read books around here. ;D ;D

-tkr

Thanks a lot I'll check those out.  8)

Another book I heard is very good is Microelectronics Circuits by Sedra and Smith.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0195142519/qid=1114844172/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/103-5562999-0788602?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

I'm trying to get a good collection of book ideas for when I gather up some money, then I'll already have done my research. ;)

-tkr

hi tekker!
books are many in number but there lies the task of gaining knowledge.

Yeah, there are a lot of books. The trick is finding the really good ones. One of the books we used in class (it was a new book they were using that year) none of the teachers really liked, so they said they weren't going to be using it the next year. LOL So finding the right books can be the tricky part.

go through my punch line (personalized text) in this forum .
No limits! ;D

I'm not sure I understand this part.... Did you mean to read through the message board here, or is "punch line" something else?

Thanks,
-tkr

• 2 weeks later...