Electronics-Lab.com Community

Screen Resolution

Can you convert an original bit-map to a GIF?

That's exactly what I did. I made both the *.jpg and the *.gif from the same original: a *.bmp image I made a long time ago, when I still used Windows.

It looks like you converted the JPG to a GIF.

I didn't. I really can't explain this since I'm having no trouble seeing either form *.jpg or *.gif on my system with either Firefox or Mozilla. In each case, a right click + "View Image" brings it up with perfect clarity. I've tried several image viewers on my system, and all three versions, *.bmp, *.jpg, and *.gif all look the same.

I never ran into this sort of problem before. Have you tried clicking on the file itself and opening it in a different image viewer? Could the problem be screen res? According to the X Server, I'm running at 1024 X 768.

Hi Miles,
Only your schematics are fuzzy when opened or downloaded and seen on my viewer.
I tried reducing my screen res from 1152 X 864 down to 1024 X 768 and everything was bigger on the screen but still only your schematics looked fuzzy.

My previous post got deleted somehow, but did you notice the clarity of the GIF I posted? It had nearly double the bytes of your schematic but looked like nearly 4 times the pixels. I counted 12 steps on the ramps of your opamp symbols but 19 steps on mine. ;D

It had nearly double the bytes of your schematic but looked like nearly 4 times the pixels. I counted 12 steps on the ramps of your opamp symbols but 19 steps on mine.

I count 12 as well. Looks like the only alternative is to re-draw the whole thing. Oh well...

My previous post got deleted somehow...

Mine too, I guess the mods don't like it when you make fun of IE.

Guest Alun

Mine too, I guess the mods don't like it when you make fun of IE.

Yes, I don't like Microsoft Internet Explorer either, I normally use opera or Firefox, and I've never had this problem before, but I'm glad you've fixed it.