Electronics-Lab.com Community

Capicitor Help

Hi dexterous, and welcome :D.

Could this component be a "choke" have a look if you can, at the leads between the component and the PCB, are the leads enamel copper wire?  Even if the leads are not enamel copper wire, it could still be a choke.

:) it looks abit like an inductor to me as the grey looking cover is like the ones on my inductors. hold a magnet to it and if it sticks, then you have an iron core inside that, and it would be an inductor , if it dosent stick it would be a capacitor , but unusual one for what i can see

Thanks for your replys

A magnet will stick to it :)

And when you put the magnet near it while its on.. it will go louder.. The noise also makes my speakers produce a similar sound.

I have also tested the voltage on the power supply, it seemed to be at around 32v, when I tested it while it was plugged into the router the voltage changed every so often, when the squealing stopped the voltage went upto 31.05 when it squealed again it went down to around 30.50? What could be at fault?