Electronics-Lab.com Community

Night Vision Camera

Hello Guys! how are you All?..
I'm very thankfull to you that you post on my topic od PT100, now i hve another project, I want to make my ordinary camera into night vision! I have a little knowledge about it that how to convert into night vision..
Okie first thing is that only Infrared can see by the camera not visible by our eyes, you can do it by your self just pleace an infrared LED behind camera and power it up you can crearly see the glowed light! Another thing is this if you make a bunch of LEDs and place accross the camera lense the infrared LEDs Eimt light and you can easily see any object in night, but the problem is this you cant see any object which is far from the Camera for this i made 12 transmitter bunch but the range is just 1 feet almost but i want it to 10 feet i bought Infrared the shopkeeper said its range is 10 feets but i dont know what is happing with it! Just tell me how to increase the lengh of transmitted signal i applied 7 volts to the IR TX if i will apply more then 7 then it became hot and can be damaged.. Thanks for listing and do participate in this topic..

hi there!
BUT I DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT IS THE FUN OF USING IR RADIATIONS WHEN U CANT SEE THEM ESPECIALLY IN A DEVICE AS NIGHT VISION CAMERA.A SIMPLE FLASH WILL DO THE JOB. :)
PRATEEK

The camera CAN see it. For example if you are interested in wildlife photography you can take pictures of animals without them seeing a flash and running away.

Junaid, I hope you have something like this in mind and not something illegal, like taking nudie pics from someones bedroom window...

Ohh you guys i just wana convert this ordinary camera into night vision by using simple IR LEDs, totay i placed 24 LEDs in paralle; fashion and gave 9 Volts when ever the light falls it detected by my digital camera but the problem is this the visible object should be not away more then 1 feet and i wana view object which is near about  10 feets away, that is what i want!

hi junaid!
how are u planning to use IR radiations in it?
is it a substitute to your flash?plzexplain the principle of its working. as far as i understand u mean to use IR radiations at night as compared to white light in day time.right?use a binocular lens for better resolution. but again there is no white light?
:D
prateek