Electronics-Lab.com Community

Ideas for a New Project

klash

Hi guyz, i am in my last semester computer engineering and would like any ideas for a final year project. the requirements are that it has to combine hardware or software. I was thinking of data transfer from pc to pc or sensor to pc....anyway ideas will highly appreciated....

Thx

hi there!
as u are a computer engineering student,i m sure u would be very comfortable with programming languages like C ,C++.these days ,i am myself writing a code in C for file transfer from one pc to the other through serial port.You can try out any project like LCD configuring and using(on parallel port).Led glowing.An interesting project would be to connect 8 leds and glow them one by one after some delay.u can use it as seven segment counter.Inport,Outport And Delay
are mainly 3 functions which u would use.
simple!
prateek

My personal thinking is that " U should design a complete security system(like finger prints ) interfacing with the computers!!".In this project, ur aim should be to store the finger print data coming fom a sensor in some database software & after storing the data when u use the security systm , the pc should compare the input data with storage data & performs the right function!!
                                                  may be it would be useful for u!

hi there!
as u are a computer engineering student,i m sure u would be very comfortable with programming languages like C ,C++.these days ,i am myself writing a code in C for file transfer from one pc to the other through serial port.You can try out any project like LCD configuring and using(on parallel port).Led glowing.An interesting project would be to connect 8 leds and glow them one by one after some delay.u can use it as seven segment counter.Inport,Outport And Delay
are mainly 3 functions which u would use.
simple!
prateek

I already tried the LED idea... it's working great, but,  it's really not  hard.

hi legend!
have u been able to glow a sevensegment
through a computer port?
try and make a seven segment counter from 1 to 9.with some delay.
then u can go for interfacing an LCD with a computer port(parallel port)
;D

I never used a LCD but, I already used 8 LEDs and made a counter, and I used them to follow the music :P

hi there!
a long way to go for u.
try using an LCD for time being
i mean configure it by software and try printing your name on it.
try to move a step forward and try to print it moving from right to left.
u can refer
www.howstuffworks.com to learn about the pin functions and how the data flows through it. ;D
gud luck!

hi there!
a long way to go for u.
try using an LCD for time being
i mean configure it by software and try printing your name on it.
try to move a step forward and try to print it moving from right to left.
u can refer
www.howstuffworks.com to learn about the pin functions and how the data flows through it. ;D
gud luck!

Well I can't get the apropriated LCD... I don't have any place to buy it... does Radio Shack sell some?