Electronics-Lab.com Community

ICL7109

I am using ICL7109 in a project, but it is not working when ever i give low pulse to LBEN or HBEN it do not convert analog data into digital but it converts all data output bits high i dont know whats going there with it, i think it is damaged can u tell me wot can happned wit it?

Hi Junaid

it is a convention on the internet that when someone writes with bold lettering it means that he or she is SHOUTING and as you're probably aware most of us react to shouter by ignoring them.  You are perfectly free to carry on using bold, no-one will stop you but it severely reduces the chance of having your problems solved.

Ed

I have seen many Application Sheet, just tell me wot does it mean? ICL7109, 12-bit dual-slope converter,  +/- 400.0mV 0.1mV resolution, ~12.5 conversions/s wot does  +/- 400 mV means and 0.1mV resolution, does it mean you can apply +/-400 mV input signal only? and the step size is 0.1mV or what else? will wait for ur replies of all u peoples.
Thanks for listing..

Yeaaa i have also done this!... i applied no voltage at input & by giving LOW pulse at LBEN it tied all pins HIGH from B0 t0 B7..

This means, there is no effect of any input..

Ok right now the problem is this..

When i give Low pulse at LBEN which is low enable it tied all output pins from B0-B7 High
And When i give Low pulse at HBEN which is low enable it tied all output pins from B8-B12 High, Yesss it exectly means there is no effect of any input! now wot u say?

Hi Junaid

I'm trying to understand why all of the outputs are high - with input short circuited, after applying HBEN or LBEN do any of the outputs go low ever?  You may may need to split the circuit so that only the ICL7109 is operational, ie, remove digit outputs from the bus and ensure that the 7109 works OK on its own.

Ed

and this is the 89C51's program which i have written and i am sure the programis absolutely right and the hardware is also right! the problem is that the ICL7109 is damaged  >:( cuz when i was setting refrence voltages from pin 39 and pin 36, by mistake the pins 39 and 40 were shorted out by multimeter's probe, and due to this the ICL7109 was heated a little but i am not sure where is the problem  ??? ???