Electronics-Lab.com Community

Electronics projects for beginners...

Hi everyone....
Just joined this group...
First of all I would like to introduce myself to you. I am Tarun Aggrawal. I am studying electronics and just finished with second year. Its about time I started with a project and thats where I started having difficulty...

I searched a lot for projects... but most of them seemed to be too high end for me... some require assembly language knowledge... others require something else. Im pretty lost.... Dont know where to start. ???

I dont want to take up a project thats too simple... All the same dont want to take up so big a project that I end up demoralized....

Can you help me where to find good projects... for all types (levels of difficulty). I would also appreciate if you could yourself tell me some good projects to pick up... Some good languages to pick up... Anything that brings me any step closer to making projects.

The only language I know as of now is C and the downside is that I still dont know how to use it to program chips...

PLEASE HELP ME> I AM LOST  :'(
Tarun

Thanx for repling people...

As for aspects of electronics....
Well all i know is that I have a keen interest in circuitry and chip designs....
I hear VLSI is the in thing now a days...
The problem is, I guess i dont even know all the aspects of electronics....
I feel really pathetic.... Im like a complete newbie to this field...
And I feel without getting to know each and every branch of electronics intimately i wouldnt be able to make a fair judgement of my choice and interest...
I guess one thing Ill cant do without is assembly language. If that is true... where do i pick it up?
Purchasing books is not a problem for me... so please feel free to refer books even....
I checked the link you have given me....
If the list mentioned there...
I would definitely say my interest is in robotics and microcontrollers.....

As for the sites...
Thanx a lot dude.

Thanks alun and prateek
Tarun
Thanx

look in the articles section of this site and you can learn some stuff there also if money isent a problem i would strongly recommend going to radioshack and buying there electronics learning lab it is black with a breadbord (has lots of lettle holes) and has springy things to hook some components up it has books that start from the absolute basic like lighting a led and work up to making complex digital circurity i have learbed tons from that and then once you start getting to the end of the basic book and don't want to hit digital yet you can buy your own components and make your own circuits and stuff but that has tons of fun projects and it comes with ALL the parts needed for the projects but that is a verry good thing to buy just the fact that is has allthose components and a breadbord is good i think it is a good deal i god it for my birthday years ago (they still sell it ) and i kind of forgot about it and then i started getting into electronics again and then when i reabered about it the it was like the door to the world of electronics just opened up and i learned lots of things that i saw people taliking about on this bord and i realised how basic it was when you understood it and that is just what that kit helpes you do plus you can just build those circutis and have hours of fun
sorry for my rambling and hope you can understand this with my bad grammer :(

Hi cody
Thanx a million for the information....
I think thats a good place to start from... They dont have radioshack in my place but am sure there must be other shops... I will do that then...I will get an Electronics learning lab kit. The way you have mentioned that it helps you start right from the beginning, I guess its just the thing I want...
and yes, didnt mind the bad grammar one bit !
Thanks a lot cody
Tarun
P.S. yet to check out the articles section !

• 2 weeks later...