Electronics-Lab.com Community

Forum rules?

Guest Alun

Guest Alun

The reason I'm asking this is because in this thread I originally thought moutoulos was requesting a link to a dodgy warez website to download protel, he corrected me on this as he only wanted the demo so I told him how to aquire it.

The problem is there is no link to the forum rules on the website so how would anyone know if their breaking the rules?

How can the moderators enforce the rules if they're not sure what they are?

I used my common sense in this case, my reasoning was that software piracy is illegal so warez links are against the forum rules.

Guest Alun

Thank's MP

Many people don't have a printer (oh well I know they should save a copy somewhere) but that's not the point. Do you think it would be a good idea to include a link to the rules at the top of the forum page to remind people of the rules?

You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or you have consent from the owner of the copyrighted material.

So I was right, posting warez links is against the forum rules

The rules are here:
http://www.electronics-lab.com/forum/index.php?board=;action=register

But you will have to delete cookies on your computer before you can access it. The cookie on your computer from this site identifies you as a user who has already read them and will allow you to log in instead. It also allows you easy access and the ability to stay logged in for long periods of time.

To delete cookies in Internet Explorer, click "Tools" on the header at the top and then choose "Internet Options." This will display a box with a button to "Delete Cookies".

You can then paste the URL above into the address bar and access the rules page which is also a new member registration screen. When you leave this page, (you can hit the "back" button) you will have to log in again. When logging in, the cookie is placed on your computer again.

MP

Guest Alun

To delete your cookies in FireFox;
Click on Tools on the menu bar and select options, this will display a dialog box, choose the the privacy tab, click on the clear button next to the cookies section.