Electronics-Lab.com Community

Light Computer

I have a circuit that I am trying to modify. It is design to operate 110v light bulbs on its outputs. And I need it to work with 12v bulbs in a car (and NOT LEDs). I am NOT a circuit designer, So if anyone can help me I would be very grateful. I would need to know component numbers and what else to modify. The circuit operates on 5 volts. The triacs are TIC206M and the transistors are BC547. The resistors from IC3 to the transistors are 2.2k and from the LEDs to the triacs are 100 ohms. I would like to keep the LED indicaters. I have enough IFR510 MosFet transistors if thay will work. The bulbs I want to use draw about 1/3 amp each.

post-9799-14279142273636_thumb.jpg

Dear steve1sws
If if guess right the circuit is Sth. like a Light Dancer. if You meant 330mA for each bulb you can omit those triacs and R15 upto R21 and LD1 upto LD7 and connect the bulbs directly between 12V and Collector of your transistors...If you want to use LEDs instead of Bulbs, you should add some resistor beween the LEDs and  Transistor Collectors. For example 560Ohm for Normal LEDs...
HTH - Shahriar

I don't think you guys noticed in my post, I also need to turn all the lights on at the same time. Audioguru did you have a suggestion for the power transistor and how to incorporate it into the circuit. Think to all, For the input.

Steve

Guest Alun

You shouldn't drive a 1/3A lightbulb with a BC547 transistor. When the filiament is cold it will draw a surge current of 3A or more. You need small power transistors. ;D

How about using power MOSFETs?