Electronics-Lab.com Community

tachometer

Hi Guys,
Today, like the other day, I searched Google for Siliconchip Tachometer and copied the link into Notepad. It is exactly the same link as MP posted. Clicking on my Google link allowed me to see the entire project.
Then I tried clicking on MP's link again and it also allowed me to see the entire project, but the other day it showed only the 1st page and a request for payment to see the remainder.

I don't know what is going on with "cookies" or somethin'. ???
On many other Silicon Chip projects when I posted a link from Google, clicking on it didn't work. But clicking on the link inside Google works every time. ;D

Your post is confusing to me. The link I posted was from google as well. Maybe you can post both links so that we can see the difference.

Do you also need the parts list?

If you are going to post the parts list, he will also need the code for the PIC. Otherwise the project will not work. Please also post the PIC code.

If you are able to access the web page that does not charge a fee, why not save the complete article as a web page or pdf document. Do you have this capability on your computer? I mean to write to a pdf. If not, let me know the other link and I will try to do so. I will attach the pdf to a post. This would give everyone the entire article with nice graphics and text.

MP

It is probably a violation of Silicon Chip magazine's copyright to post the entire project here, without their permission. Therefore it is best for people to get access to it in Google like I did.

It is strange. If I click on MP's link, I get the 1st page of the project and a request for payment to see the remainder. If I click on the same link inside Google, I can see the entire project. Then when I click on MP's link again, I also can see the entire project.

Hi Ante,
I don't know how Google gets around Silicon Chip's internet re-direct to their "buy now" page, since we can't with the same link.
Since all their stuff is copyrighted up to and including this year, I think Mixos would get in trouble if an entire project was hosted here. :o ;D

Hi

All that I have been doing to get their articles is, after you view their projects about three or four times, delete your cookies and history, then you're right to go again ;D.  You can't save their pages, but you can select all and copy it to a Microsoft Word document.