Jump to content
Electronics-Lab.com Community
Sign in to follow this  
Niki

tan-timers wanted to buy

Recommended Posts

I noticed on the site that someone has created a tan-timer.  I am desperate to speak to whoever has them as I need them for a project I am working on.  If you know who created the tan-timer can you please give me a phone or email.  Need to get back to my client end of day Monday 4th July with an answer as to if we can source them.
Thanks for your help.
Niki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't recommend using only a 3V battery for the Redciruits Tan Timer. Its ordinary Cmos ICs have an absolute minimum supply voltage of 3V, and a 3V battery drops to 2V over its life. Red had trouble with his Plants Watering Watcher circuit where only a certain brand of ICs worked at 3V, but it also failed when the battery ran down a little.

I recommend using a 4.5V or 6V battery. ;D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Red has informed me that he bench tests every circuit that he posts on his site. He also states that he does not have a problem with the circuit mentioned in the earlier post. He will answer questions about his circuits if you will contact him. His e-mail is posted on his site.

MP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Alun

Red has informed me that he bench tests every circuit that he posts on his site. He also states that he does not have a problem with the circuit mentioned in the earlier post.


One thing about some designs is consistancy 80% of the units built might work and this is why the author might have never had a problem with the said circuit, however the remaining 20% might not work. In the electronics industry these sorts of problems are normally eliminated in the first volume production.

Here's and example; if I designed an oscilator that requires  transistor with a minimum Hfe of 100, I  lookedat the datasheet and the normal gain for the transistor I decided to use is 100. I build a few prototypes and they all work very well so I decide to get the unit mass produced and 20% of them fail, in the second production run I change the transistor to one with a minimum gain of 100 and all of them work. The moral of the story is you design a circuit for the worst case senario of all the componants used otherwise you have no gaurentee that all of the units built will work.

He will answer questions about his circuits if you will contact him. His e-mail is posted on his site.


Good, I'm very interested in the amount of units built and the battery life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RED has informed me that only Motorola IC's worked in his Plants Watering Project. He didn't say what happens when the 3V battery's voltage drops over its life, but their guaranteed minimum is 3V.

My project works with anybody's IC and its oscillators still work (but of course not the LED) when the battery's voltage is less than 1.25V.

My project is flashing its LED very brightly with its original (smaller) battery after more than 1 year. RED's is very dim and lasts only ????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi,i'm joseph

  I don't know who creted it but I know a site that gives it schematic-diagram
If you're interested this is the exact site where you can see it:
http://www.redcircuits.com/Health.htm

IF you find difficulties to download it just save it's schematic-diagram in your
computer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...