Electronics-Lab.com Community

A timer question

Hi,

I need help to get a one-shot pulse generator with
both positive and negative trigger input. 555 timer
only takes negative trigger input. 74LS123 can take
either positive or negative but not both.

Thanks a lot for help!

Tom

I have used the following attached schematic using a 7486 exclusive or (XOR) chip. It is basically a digital frequency doubler. It relies on the propagation delay of the second and third section to provide an output pulse. With Pin 1 High, the output (pin 11) will be High with a negative going pulse. With Pin 1 Low, the output (pin 11) will be Low with a positive going pulse. Pin 2 is the clock input or a hi/lo switched pulse. The output pulse is pretty narrow so you may want to follow it with a 555 timer or one shot chip to get a desired pulse width out of it. You can probably use a cmos chip like a 4070 for the XOR also, I believe just the pinouts are different.

post-10050-14279142325219_thumb.gif

hi anyone!!!

can someone help me pls...

my problem is this..
i want to time a counter, so that it will automaticlly switch-off after one minute or 60 seconds.

will you pls give me simple schematic or circuit digram of 60 seconds timed switch-off.

any reaction regarding to this are highly appreciated...  tnxx!!!!!

___xoy____

Hi Xoy,
Set the 555 as an oscillator to have a full cycle in 6 seconds. At the end of each cycle, it latches the counter's reading and resets the counter. Then add a zero display digit to this display's right side and the whole display shows pulses per minute, updated each 6 seconds. ;D