Electronics-Lab.com Community

JOB INTERVIEWS

prateeksikka

I tell then to bring their calculator. At the beginning of the interview, I hand them a 4 page electronics test. 2 pages of standard questions found in digital and analog courses which are similar to the types of problem solving the technician will be up against every day and 2 pages of trick questions to see if they are quick thinking. The score of the test does not necessarily determine if the person is hired. It is used in conjunction with the other parts of the interview to determine fitness for the position.
Perhaps this is a little strange for an interview, but I have never seen anyone bluff their way through it yet.

MP

• 3 weeks later...

A combination of all of the above. I also look for good grammer and spelling as well. I cannot understand how technicians can get through years of college and still not know how to spell and write legible reports.
Good Luck! I am sure you will do well.

MP

It would not be much of a test anymore if it was posted on the Internet.  ;)
If you have gone through an Electronic Engineering course, this one would remind you of your final.
But here is a sample of one of the simpler questions: A schematic with test points. You have to calculate the voltages at the test points. One test point measures the voltage across a 9 volt zener. Looks easy. You would be surprised at how many answer 9 volts for this point. However, if you calculate the voltages between this point and the power supply as instructed, you will see there is less than 6 volts available to this junction. When taking a test, do not assume it is a functional circuit.

MP