Electronics-Lab.com Community

uv box

ECET0purdue

Basically from my understanding, any UV bulbs will work,

No, they have to be UVA blacklights for PCB exposures, the tubes used in this project are the wrong type they're germicidal UCV emitting low presure mercury discharge lamps and they should be UVA flourescent tubes.

but the brighter you get the faster the PCB will develop. Supposedly on 4 20W UV lights, it takes about 10 mins to develop, which is fine unless your into mass-production.

True, but generally higher wattage bulbs will light a larger area thus allowing you to develop bigger boards it isn't always the case that higher wattage bulbs are  brighter.

ECET, no problem posting this subject again. The old one is quite a ways back there. Maybe it does need to be mentioned again.

I use the fluorescent blacklight tubes. The fixture is a standard 2 ft length fluorescent light fixture. My imaging setup has 4 of these fixtures sitting in a parallel row. I can image down to 7 mil lines in 1 to 2 minutes. Also, if you use a good image that does not bleed light, you can over expose a bit without much problem.
Hope it helps.

MP