Electronics-Lab.com Community

I want to turn off all my phone ringers.

Is there a way to convert a telephone ring signal into something I can pump into my intercom system AUX line input? I want to turn off all my phone ringers and just have a very pleasant sound come from the intercom speaker in each room when the phone rings. Ultimatly I want it to announce who is calling from a database and not even ring the phone if someone is not in the database or on my reject list. I know you can do this with Homeseer and the optional Homeseer phone. You also need to buy a $100 modem to ensure that it works per Homeseer. Has anyone ever setup a DIY rig like this.

Thanks for the reply. Yea I would like to do it via PC control using a modem. I'm not talented enough write all the code to do this so I guess I'm looking for a program that is already out there. Like I said before Homeseer will do it but at quite a cost. I need to do more searching. I image someone else has already thought of this. The phones you speak just won't give me the ability to change the ring into something I can input into my intercom system.