Electronics-Lab.com Community

Camping Music Box - PROJECT

that sounds  good to me, will make it this arvo and let you know.
Thanks all of you for your help so far, you have been great.

There was just one more thing or 2.
I want a led battery status i can turn on and see when the battery is low..  (8led)

Also what can iu use to make sure the battery isnt over charged from the solar panel thats perm connected to it i have a regulator inline at the momoent

Also the 40amp is this  KEMO #m034

Hi Stuee,
It is difficult to make a battery status indicator. The battery will be from 13.8V to 14.4V (if it is lead-acid) when it is fully charged. Then it quickly drops to about 12.6V for most of its discharge. Near the end of its charge its voltage quickly drops more and more.The indicator will be about the same if the battery has been used for 5 minutes or for 5 hours.

Contact the solar cell manufacturer or the dealer you purchased it from to find out how to prevent the battery from overcharge. It probably needs a circuit to multiply the charging current with charging time.

I don't read German but your "40W" amp provides about 20 watts continuously (40 peak whats) with a horrible-sounding 10% distortion into 4 ohms with a 16V supply. It will be barely clipping and sound fine at about 17W. With your 12.6V battery it will be about 10.5W into 4 ohms or about 6W into 8 ohms at clipping. ;D