Electronics-Lab.com Community

Math Book

GraFxPro

I am in a distance learing course for electronics. I am understanding the concept of Resistors, Pots, Rheostats, Resistive devices, and capacitors. Were I am having a hard time is the math. So what I need to know is there a electronics math book  for dummys?
Also another thing that I need is a lot of questions on the subjects that I can work out to beter understand the use of the formulas so I can answer questions like:

You plan to build a line-operated power supply for a battery-operated Sencore transistor tester that you bought at a garage sale. The tester is powered by a single 9V transistor battery, but is also has a coaxial jack on the side of the case for plugging in the power cord from a DC adapter. You figure you can build one cheaper than buying one of those DC adapters that plug into a wall outlet, plus you'll gain some experience. Which one of the following is an acceptable transformer secondary voltage, assuming you'll add just a single silicon diode rectifier and one cap for this project?

a.  5 volts

b.  6.3 volts

c.    10 volts

d.    12 volts

Is there any were on line that I can go to find the information? On line tests?

Any and all......

Thanks