Electronics-Lab.com Community

Internet Problems

Staigen

Hi Staigen,
Nope, I have big problems getting pages to complete loading, and when it is bad the pages load very slowly. I reloaded about 12 times to get this page so I could read text on it, and at the bottom of my IE6 browser right now it say, "11 items remaining, Downloading picture http://" etc. Most times it fails it says "Opening page .....".
Sometimes it works fine to surf this site. I can surf everywhere else just fine.

I have noticed that my browser has blocked cookies from Google ads here. Maybe the cookies are some kind of spyware. I tried to "allow all cookies from Google" but there are many of them and their formats are different. I hope Google sends me some chocolate chip cookies or cookies made with pure Canadian Maple syrup. ;D

Now at the bottom of my screen it says, "2 items remaining, Downloading picture http://" etc. Most of the Smiley buttons haven't finished loading yet.
When I push the "Post" button, It will show a partially loaded page but I won't be able to read anything unless I reload, and reload, and reload, and reload, and reload, and reload, and reload, and reload, and reload, and reload, and reload, and reload, and reload, and reload, and it is very frustrating. :'(     

Oops! You use "ping" to do that. Ping is a dos program. Oops again! What platform do you have, and wich OS? Well, ping is a dos program, as i said, and is run from a dos promt, well, if you dont have windows, its of no use, you have to answer that first! BTW, did you notice that i sent you a personal message, it was a question if you have ICQ, it will be much easier to communicate with that program, it is a chat program with a little nice feature, we can talk to each other, its almost like a telephone! And it will be much easier to solve your problem, if we can communicate in an easier way!

//Staigen

I had to reload only 3 times to get here this time.
None of the Smiley buttons appear, nor the Insert buttons above them. Completely blank.
My browser appears that everything is loaded and it is finished, but doesn't say Done.

Maybe the server has a defective internet input path that is used only by locals like me. Other correctly working internet input paths are used by long distance guys like you.
When it works for me, maybe my local defective internet input path is busy and I get a good one instead.

Now the Smiley buttons show as 3D boxes with a dot in the center. The Insert buttons now show as 3D boxes with a red "v" inside. My browser now says Done.
No longer am I getting warnings that Google ads are trying to send me dangerous cookies, I am hungry so I wish they will send them soon. :)

Hi Ante,
Not all of New Orleans is destroyed. A TV crew interviewed people who refuse to be evacuated because their part of town is fine. No flooding and no damage.
Stores are open there. A school was closed because of the evacuation and the only damage to it is a broken window from a kid's ball a couple of months ago.

I think our server is damaged and our server's host is closed so they can't fix it.

I sent a message to Mike that my "minor" problem might become a major problem for everyone here.

Hi there Audioguru, has your problems been solved by now?

Hi Staigen,
Nope. Our site's server might be under a sea of muck in New Orleans, and our server's host might be flooded out of business and unable to service it. :'( :'(

I'll wait for my ISP to report what they find. The problem might be an internet hub that is under a sea of muck that might be able to be bypassed with a simple command. ;D

Our site's(Electronics-Lab.com) server is suddenly not under a sea of muck, it's up and working wery good, but it is that hub there, down in New Orleans that is. They usally try to reroute the way the packets take, when a server, hub or router goes down, and sometimes it can take a while, it is a lot of work to do that, i suppose, when it happens. Hopefully you can get here soon, fast. ;D

//Staigen

Hi Staigen,
When I worked for a tele-conferencing company, everything had a backup except the main fiber-optic feed from the telephone company. It got broken during street repairs and put us out of business for a while. We lost some major customers.

It would be useful if our site had another "mirror" site elsewhere. But then the costs would be double.