• 5 months later...

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Kasamiko

Here is the charger, we assembled this circuit seperatly for charging 12V 250AH battery with a current of 30A max (15.1V). set the float current 1A

we used a stack of eight 2N3055 transisters with 0.1ohm 10watt emitter resistor

Sasi,

I just cant find a 47 Ohms trimmer used for FLOAT adjustment for this charger..the lowest value available in our place is 100 Ohms..
Any idea how can I modify it to used 100 Ohms trimmer?

See attached image below..

Thanks

rhonn  ;) ;)

post-0-14279142798784_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

hi to all,

actually i am also interested in all inverter project and i read all the posts by you guys but i have problem to download the shcematic... :-[ can anyone help me?  ;D if u guys have the schematic can send to me by emails ? thanks i curently do a reserch on the inverters hope you guys can help me ;) ;)
this is my emails adds [email protected]

Hi Kachew,
A sinewave inverter schematic was posted that was a function generator IC making a sinewave that was amplified by a linear audio amp then stepped up with a transformer. because its amplifier is linear, it wastes a lot of power as heat.

hi audioguru,
did u all still continue on the project? i mean do you all still make any modification on the sinewave inverter? thanks

the inverter i need to do is with all this spec:

1) input voltage 10-15V dc
2) lower input volatge warning 10.5V DC
3) lower voltage protection : 10V DC
4) static current: 0.5a
5) output voltage :220V
6) output freq: 50HZ
7) output wave: modified sine wave
8) surge capability : 300W
9) continous power : 150W
10) efficiency >90%
11) output overloading proctection :150W
12) high tempreture protection

can i use the inverter with the square wave output ( that is done by kasamiko and audioguru) and filter it (using low pass filter) to be sine wave inverter?
can anyone suggest anything to be modified from my circuit attached?
thanks

can i use the inverter with the square wave output ( that is done by kasamiko and audioguru) and filter it (using low pass filter) to be sine wave inverter?

I don't know how to filter such a high power circuit. Some UPS's use a custom-made "ferro-resonant" transformer and have a sine-wave output.

can anyone suggest anything to be modified from my circuit attached?

You didn't attach a circuit here. You attached a circuit without part numbers in another forum.

so sorry here i attach the part num too hehe... ;)
R1=10Mohms
R2=100ohms
R3= 1.3kohms
R4=5.60kohms
R5&R6=2.2Kohms
CX=22pF trimmed capacitor
C1&C2=22pF ceramic
C3=8.2nF 100V MKT
C4=10uF 16V
C5=47uF 16V
C6=470nF 400V
D1= 5V 0.4W
D2 & D3= 47V 1W
Q1-Q2=BS170
IC1=4060
IC2=4013
IC3=4047
CR1=3.2768MHZ crystal
T1=220ac/2X10V 2X2.2A
F1=5A fuse
F2=0.25A fuse
L1=1H smoothing choke
my inverter is use for small application such as travel charger and for laptops
i was told to make modification on this circuit..can anyone suggest how can i improve the circuit?
;D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,audioguru :)
i'm interested in constructing a pure sinewave inverter. Do u know any books that talk about how to design this kind of inverter?

I don't know about any books.
Make a very hot linear output stage, a cool but complicated PWM output stage or use an expensive ferroresonant transformer at the output of a square-wave output stage.

the ferro-resonant transformer that u mean is it same as the ferromagnetic transformer ???/quote]
Google has many links to explanations and sales of ferroresonant transformers.

Chk it out a nice peace of work

could any one see a way to devolop it further

It has a square-wave output so its peak voltage is too low to operate many electronic devices whose rectifier charges its main filter capacitor to the peak voltage of a sine-wave from the mains.
It is smart enough to use Mosfets for reduced heating instead of the hot ordinary transistors in our 500W square-wave inverter project.
Its circuit would be much more complicated if it was re-designed to produce a modified-sine-wave or true sine-wave output.

If you tune a winding on a transformer with a capacitor and drive it with a high impedance so the Q remains high, then the output would be a perfect sine-wave without a load and the voltage would be infinite, then turn into a square-wave at the normal voltage when a load is added.

Well amazingly i found a UPS Inverter . and well it is quite complicated , dual layer PCB and all that stuff . i cannot use the parts in it , beacause it is my dad's office UPS and it is dead . so here are some of the things i found .

* 4 mosfets IRF240 , 2 sets in parallel .
* BUZ11 mosfet
* Transformer ( Don't know if it is a ferroresonant Transformer or not )
5 wires coming out of the input side , one is connected to battery directly. 4 wires coming out from the Input side .
* 4 Logic Gates IC , like CD4077 , CD 4093 , TC 4093 and MC14081
* One Quad amp LM339

Now condsidering the following components , i think the Logic gates produce a approximation sine wave and then is filtered into sinewave with a LM339 Quad amp and then Mosfets are used to increase the current , THen THe transformer does the step up .. All in all it is producing a approximation sine wave , i think
what do you think ? comment