Electronics-Lab.com Community

hot air gun

i've bought a hot air gun mashin '"i don't know really wut terminolgy is used for dis mashin but i name it hot gun'' 4 desolding smd chips but i don't know how to use it  , it has 2 variable controles one is for air pressure and d other is 4 heater
so any one can help me abt dat wut tempreture and air pressure is normally used and there is othere tools like penses N paste plz give me information abt dat

Thunder, since this is an International site and many, perhaps most members, do not use English as their first language, perhaps it would be easier for others to know what you are saying if you do not use slang or abbreviated synonyms and numbers for words. You might get more help with requests. Just a suggestion.

Thanks,  ;)

MP

Guest Kasamiko

Hi Thunder,

I've been using China made Hot-Air Rework Station AEOLUS brand model 850C to do some SMT/BGA soldering and desoldering..
There is NO PERFECT setting for this since it is dependent on:
1. Line Voltage
2. Nature of Soldering (with groundplanes, heatsinked?)
3. Precised setting can only be determined by experience  ;D

As a rule of thumb, I start at 5 for AIR and  5.5 for HEATER

Good luck

Rhonn  ;) ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kasamiko

Don't direct the heat ing the MIDDLE of the chip..if it is a BGA type..use a good quality flux and rotate the nozzle around the side dont stay in one position..
Heat only the the pins of the chip..

rhonn  ;) ;)