Electronics-Lab.com Community

Power Line Commucation Help Find Info

ECET0purdue

Hi Glen :)

Did you? I tried to YAHOO it and got 62000 hits, but of course, i spelled communication right ;D

But i did know how household slow data communications worked already :).
Its like this, usally. A high frequency is superinposed on the AC line. This frequency is usally in the range 40 Khz to 200 Khz. This frequency is then usally FSK modulated by the data transmitted. At the reciever end then this frequency is demodulated and data recovered. There is also other types of Powerline Communications! Example: Broadband data communications, analog communications, and so on.

//Staigen

A pair of wires can carry many signals. The mains frequency and the high frequency carrier frequency.
One pair of wire carries all the sounds of an entire orchestra to your speaker.
One coax cable TV wire carries many channels to your TV. My cable TV coax cable even carries my high speed internet connection. ;D

Broadband over Power Lines. That is experimental project of implementation fast internet connection in existing home power lines. I think that is experementaly used in a contrey somewere in N America. Project haven't faund approbation of authoritys becouse interfere some radio amateur frequencies or somethink like that... I though that wos talk about that