Electronics-Lab.com Community

Power Supply - looking for 200pf capacitor

poschi

Normally you can, does the schematic provide a tollerance? If so what is it?

Could you please post the schematic so we can use our experiance and judgement to tell you whether it's likely to be critical, I'm guessing it isn't it's probably just a compensation capacitor.

Is it just me?
I can't see a 200pF capacitor?
There's C5, a 200nF capacitor but no 200pF.

It's just a decoupling capacitor, 220nF will do.

Getting the decimal point in the wrong place is an easy mistake to make (I've done it many times before) be careful, double check the value if you use a 10R resistor in stead of a 10K somewhere it could cost you dearly.

thanks for the tip, im gonna build it like the original now, because i already ordered the parts. hope it works too. only think i add is the digital voltmeter/ammeter.

Greets

Several other members of the forum have reported that they have built the original with no problems. I would call the other thread, which is too long for any new members to care to read, as improvements on the design rather than fixes.

MP

MP,
Of course people have built it and it works for them but isn't consistancy important?

It wasn't very reliable before now it so audioguru has corrected it, he should be praised not discouraged.

alun, audioguru:
No discourage intended to audioguru, and I would hope no offense was taken...in fact, I was trying to "encourage" poschi who has purchased parts and worries that his project might not work.

Go for it, poschi!

BTW: alun, consistency? Not with this many newbies behind a solder iron...  ;D

MP

Good reading
  But I do have a question. I am new to electronics and the question on  capacitors kick another question. I read someplace that if you do not have the size capacitor that is called for its ok to go larger unless you working with r/c . is that true?
                                  thanks gogo