Electronics-Lab.com Community

Automated lighting system

Hi everyone this is paul - i'm currently an A-Level student researching a project on an Automated lighting system, which would use 555 timers to allow the user to program lights to come on at certain times during the day, and using infra-red technology would be able to switch lights on and off using a remote control.

What i want to know is what components would i need to build this, and how would i go about researching this technology?

Any help with this project would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Hi Electrobod,
Welcome to our forum. ;D
I don't know what is "A-level", since every country has different letters for education. Maybe 1st year of kindergarten or last year for a University PHD?

Hopefully you studied the 555 timer and remote control by infrared. If not, look in our Articles section. Also look at timers and IR projects in our Projects section. The buttons linking to the sections are near the top of this page.
Ask questions here if there's something you don't understand.

• 1 month later...

Hi Paul,
Now all you need is a pressure/motion switch and an IR remote control system.
There isn't much of a circuit diagram for a simple switch.

If you want to build your own IR remote control system then it is an entire project by itself.
There are many circuits on the web. Go to www.google.com and in the search bar enter IR Remote Control Circuit. You probably should add a flip-flop circuit to its output so the lights stay on or off instead of being momentary. ;D

• 15 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Lighting is important when you’re working with a brand. It’s important to understand what the brand wants and how they want that lighting to be. Also here you can visit https://www.proessaywriting.com/coursework/ to write your task easily. It’s also important to understand how lighting can be automated, and how it can be used to highlight specific parts of a brand.