Electronics-Lab.com Community

were can i get a circuit layout program

I like egale by Cadsoft

When I first tried egale from cadsoft I didn't like it  but now after using it for awhile I love it you can just about do anythiny with it. I got the free download and it dose have some limits like size of the board but I don't make big boards anyways. You can print  out the pcb and even mirror the print. Also You export the image to a gif file.Cadesoft has a good site to get help on you just have to read a little or there is plenty of help on the web for it.
    I might try protel they have a interesting simulator in there shareware downloads
I don't kown how good that is but its worth a try.
                                  have fun gogo

• 2 weeks later...

Hello ECETOpurdue,
I've tried to find a freeware program to draw schematic for months but can only find PCB programs that allow you to draw a schematic.
Years ago my father brought a program called "Autosketch" for windows 3.1 and what I did was draw each component I needed and save them on the side of a page I then used as a template.
Even though the program still works on Windows XP I can't get it to print properly will my new printer and that's why I been searching for the same type of program as you.

I finally gave up and started trying different PCB programs so that I could draw my Schematics.
I now use and recommend "Target 3001 v12" with is available for free as a pin limited full working demo which you can print out your schematics. A quick web search will get you to the site to download a copy. It will ask you to enter your email address but I have found that if you just click the links without entering any details, it still lets you download the program. You will need to download the user manual separately but its worth it.
Good Luck!! :D