Electronics-Lab.com Community

Innovative New Headphone Amp Help Needed.

raid517

Hi I need help to design and build a small portable audio amplifier for use with an iPod and high quality headphones. The problem is the amp I need is not just any portable amp - what I need a portable amp with some fairly new and unique customisations.

The problem is I am not an expert in building high quality audio equipment. So I have come to this forum in the ardent hope that I can find someone who is able to help.

At the very least I would like to commission someone to build this amp for me. I can give them very exact specifications and the amp should be relatively easy to build - since it uses a lot of pre-existing technology. This could and might only be the full extent of any relationship. Further if the Amp should prove innovative enough and if I can come up with a convincing and exiting enough design for it, I might like to take a crack at marketing the amp to a large manufacturer. But that is neither here nor there for the moment. I don't want to scare anyone off by making them feel that I am enticing them into some kind of business deal. All I need right now is for someone to help me actually build the amp - and then if they are interested perhaps we might talk about the possibility of taking the design further in a more formal way. (If they are not interested in taking it further, I might opt to try to do so myself).

Is there anyone on these forums who feels they are suitably qualified to help? To be absolutely clear - all I need is someone who is highly skilled and who is capable of  making the kind of high quality tobacco tin type amps I have read about frequently on several audio emthusiasts forums in the past and - who has good medium to advanced electronics electronic engineering skills and who also has the capability of producing really very high quality work. I am preferably looking for someone to assist me in the UK - but anywhere in Europe, or the world is perfectly OK too.

Any assistance anyone can offer would be very much appreciated.

GJ

Hi Raid,
Welcome to our forum. ;D
Aren't you from another web forum?

Another headphones amp. Made with a lot of pre-existing technology.
You say it has some fairly new and unique customisations and is innovative. That's what all maketing people say, it is even written on the can of soup I ate for lunch!

The many "tobacco tin" Headbanger amps work fine and are popular.
Sorry, your secrets aren't exciting enough for me to want to build yours. ::)