Electronics-Lab.com Community

increasing the sensitvity of cell phone mic

abc craft

If your cell phone has a jack for a headset mic, then make a preamp for your own separate mic. My cell phone detects if I have an external earphone plugged in 'cause it uses its cord as an FM radio antenna that doesn't work without the cord plugged in.

Thanx audioguru!
the circuit seems to be a lttle complicating & bigger in size.
Actually i'm looking for a transistor based short circuit with 3.6 dc volt power supply
through which i can increase the sensitivity of the mic of a cell phone itself, by which the phone can adopt even the slightest voice around.
for one of my experiment i am in need of such a sensitive mic mobile phone.
else you can aslo suggest me the cell phone that has the most powerful mic in it as compared to other phones. i'll buy one for this purpose.
but better if i get a solution to the first condition(making a cell phone mic powerful).
pls help me ASAP.
thanx
abc :) :) :)

the circuit seems to be a lttle complicating & bigger in size.

It's an ordinary mic preamp circuit with adjustable gain. 2 or 3 transistors would also work but its circuit would be bigger.

Actually i'm looking for a transistor based short circuit with 3.6 dc volt power supply
through which i can increase the sensitivity of the mic of a cell phone itself

How can a short circuit amplify a microphone?

by which the phone can adopt even the slightest voice around.
for one of my experiment i am in need of such a sensitive mic mobile phone.

Wouldn't a very sensitive mic pickup all kinds of background noises, overload very easily with "normal" sounds and amplify its own noise?

else you can aslo suggest me the cell phone that has the most powerful mic in it as compared to other phones. i'll buy one for this purpose.

Cell phones and even ordinary phones are designed to work with ordinary users so all have about the same mic sensitivity. Years ago when cell phones were a new toy my daughter had one with too much mic gain. It sounded so bad with its mic preamp clipping all the time that she returned it, and I bet its manufacturer won't make that mistake again.

My cell phone boosts its mic sensitivity in its "handsfree speakerphone" mode. It sounds so bad that I am asked over and over to repeat what I was saying.