Electronics-Lab.com Community

Microwave transformer

Guest 77710

Okay i have been at this for a few days and now i could use some help. I have a microwave transformer but cannot figure out the output, what would i need to do to be able to get the rated 4.2KV out of it? here is a picture

thanks for the help

ive had a few microwave oven transformers , that i never used and the core itself is active  return  negative , now i was once told how to determine the outputs of a transformer and it worked so you may be able to do the same , with a multimeter set to low ohms and  if you get a reading you have the secondarys , 

• 3 weeks later...

The output of a MOT is taken between the core and the only one connector on the secondary coil. There will also be a low voltage winding of a few turns of fairly big wire. This can be removed as it is likely useless. You will not be able to ge 4.2kv out of a single MOT. To do that you need a doubler which will give you around 4kvdc. Please use caution so you don't kill yourself. MOTs can be very dangerous. Also, balast it at around 1000w or you will blow a fuse.

• 3 months later...