Electronics-Lab.com Community

0-30V Power Supply - doesn't work

RubicK

Hello, i have made this power supply and it doesn't work. When i turn it on, U2 is heating very much, current is around 100mA, potensiometers doesn't do anything, voltage on output is abou 0,2V. I have checked PCB and connection of each part, but i didn't found a mistake, please help i realy don't know what to do.

Thank you,
RubicK, Czech Republic

I have checked parts you have written, but i have nothing found. I am a beginner in electronics, so it is hard form me to find a mistake. I tryed to disconnect Q1 from the PCB. Voltage on output was about 30V but i couldn't regulate it. Can you also tell me what parts makes that 5,6V negative Voltage? Thanks

Oh thats unbelievable! I have been bulding this supply according translated article:

http://www.hw.cz/Teorie-a-praxe/Konstrukce/ART1438-Napajeci-zdroj-0-30V-s-regulovatelnym-proudem-2mA--3A.html

Author of this text made a mistake in part list, he wrote that R3 is 220kOhm instead of 220 Ohm, could this be that mistake? i measured voltage in front of R3 and it was about 6,1V then i measured it behind and it was about 0,6V