Electronics-Lab.com Community

3-5V DC @50mA from 230V AC without transformer

Hi

The circuit I have attached is from a Project in project section of this site with this topic.
" Courtesy Light "

you can use the power section of this project with some changes.

Once I saw a project on the web with this title." Transformerless Power supply"  as I remember it has did the same trick.

HTH - Shahriar

post-1483-14279142712152_thumb.jpg

Hi,
in the post above, you can see ones of the possible decision, but this decision has one disadvantage, minimum dispersed power @50 mA is it around 5 W. If you not have a space for a big components, or you want cold device, the better choices is using of SMPS, i can suggest TNY series from Power Int.

Look here : http://www.mcu-bg.com/mcu_site/viewtopic.php?t=1052&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75,
you can see the TNY and TOP sch, also if you look at all topic, you can see the different diagram for directly 220 V power supply.

Hi nikhil arora

Her you have your requested cirquit to get 3 to 5 Volt DC from 230 Volt AC without transformer, as a matter of fact, there is 2 of them, one with only positive output related to common, and one with both positive and negative output related to common.

[move]A little VARNING here! This is LETHAL![/move]

//Staigen

post-282-14279142713672_thumb.gif

can we glow a 3v led(@20-30ma) using above schematic.
iam also looking for such circuit.it is for powering a single led.i can't use transformer as there is no enough space.
i tried in groups(google) most of them look dangerous to me.
is there any safe design