Electronics-Lab.com Community

BT-693 speaker system

logan_dslasher

The spark can have been virtual! She maybee belived she saw a spark.

hi Staigen!

my mom was really freaked out! myabe it have something to do with the fact that most "pops" with electronic devices comes with a spark.. there's no way to tell what she really saw/or did not see..

about the CPU issue, check this out! can you blame me

Hi Logan

I dont blame you, and i have to check this out! Here in sweden it is called
"Dator" and the translation is computer. And i have seen the "large box"
called computer elsewhere too. But i have never, until now, seen it called
CPU, because the CPU is the IC inside.

So folks, which is what? Maybee we all are right?

//Staigen

So folks, which is what? Maybee we all are right?
//Staigen

i guess that could be the conclusion.. so, should i stop printing leaflets about our campaign  ;D  :D  technically, Staigen is right.. CPU is the IC.

let's get back to my speaker.. after i got home last night, i immediately examined the parts.. i really didn't see anything suspicious.. still no busted components of burnt siwtches.. so, after doing that, as instructed, i got the screwdriver to do some testing.. when i was to plug it, i noticed that the female plug has a trace of "explosion" (arrow in the diagram) my plug and wire is white so i can see clearly that there are burn marks on them..

it used to malfunction the first few days i have it.. it doesn't perfectly fit my adaptor (its terminals are flat), its loose.. i bent its terminals in any direction but to no avail.. anyway, i can still position it in the right way that it works fine.. but a little nudge will cause the plug and its adaptor to disconnect.. maybe in that process of bendig its plugs, i damaged it..

but still my mother insists that the spark came from the speaker.. lets say,the two terminals of the plug touched each other, what would happen? it's a short circuit, right?

oh yeah, it have a little transformer inside it ( i forgot to mention this) it has 220 input and gives a 9V output.. its inside the speaker box.. was that damaged?

Hi Logan

arrow in the diagram

What diagram, did you forgot to attach that?

it doesn't perfectly fit my adaptor (its terminals are flat), its loose

Wich adaptor?

lets say,the two terminals of the plug touched each other, what would happen?

The power cord?

If the short was in the power cord i dont think the transformer inside the speaker is damaged! Check the power cord, and replace if open or bad! Check for voltage at the transformer, but be careful!

Hey, i just got your picture, replace the power cord!

//Staigen

Hi Guys,

OK, now you might understand what I meant “me being reluctant to power up things that has “exploded” without first try to diagnose it!” ??  It’s easy to get electrocuted or burn your fingers while unwittingly putting this plug into the outlet!  :o

I am glad you found the problem though (the way you did)!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hi Staigen,

No, I meant generally to have a good look at things before power up to be sure there are no glitches as I mentioned earlier. And yes if the core is permanently attached to the speaker unit there is no other way than to open it if you'r going to measure its two wires for glitches! ;D

To Logan:
I dont see you at MSN anymoore, where are you?

i cant figure out how to totally log out in MSN.. even if i dont choose to be automatically logged in ot have my log in info remembered.. i alwayz get automatically connected as soon as i run MSN.. i dont want users that access my MSN play pranks on my contacts. i dont want a bad reputation.. eheheh..

another reason is that few computers have MSN installed on them.. Yahoo! dominates in our place..

i usually log in but when i see John offline and you "away" i immediately log out.. maybe, next time, we'll see each other on MSN..  8)

password? yes, i do. the computer remembers it..

I have my speaker fixed! thanks a lot! i spent the whole night listening to my favorite songs.. i really missed them.. eheheh..

another question.. when my speaker got busted. i turned to the speakers built-in in my monitor.. i realized that i dont know how to connect them.. there are two RCA jacks (?) just like in the image below, a white (left) and a red (right).. another  terminal beside it is labeled "output" on the side of my monitor there are two "holes" again.. for the mic and the headphone.. where should i connect them? what should i use.. i tried explaining it to the shop where i bought my PC, but he doesn't know how.. (duh!?!) ehehe..

2RCA-250S.gif

Hi

password? yes, i do. the computer remembers it

You have to click out "remember password" and remember it by yourself!

I have my speaker fixed! thanks a lot!

Did the powercord have plugs in each end?

another question.. when my speaker got busted.....

Connect the respective RCA jacks to the soundcard output, there are cords
that will fit directly. The mic output on monitor connects to the mic input on
the soundcard. The headphone output you connect to a headphone, if you have one, the speakers then usally go out.

//Staigen

You have to click out "remember password"

i have unchecked options like that.. for some reason, it doesnt work..

Did the powercord have plugs in each end?

what do you mean? the powercord i used is a typical male plug..

RCA jacks to the soundcard output, there are cords
that will fit directly.

can you please give a specific description of that cord.. no matter how hard i explain it to the attendant, he doesn't seem to have any idea what im looking for..

im not very much interested in the mic and headphone.. i dont have them anyway..  ;D

my monitor is a Samsung SyncMaster CTF5467l(D)..