Electronics-Lab.com Community

10 A FET

Hi Prateek,
An incandescent light bulb's filament operates at thousands of degrees so its resistance is increased by the temperature. When cold, the filament's resistance is about 1/10th its hot resistance and therefore its turn-on current is about 10 times its hot operating current.
There are plenty Mosfets that can handle a peak current of 300A and a continuous current of 30A.

hi audioguru!

there are ofcourse many FETs operating on 300 A even but i need the one which operated from a 10V supply between drain and source as higher supplies are not commercially available here.another of my requirements is that it should saturate at a gate voltage pulse of 10V.can u suggest one for me?
anyway what factors govern the supply for a transistor?ive seen some operating at 5 V and some at 12 V collector voltage while some at 100V even.
!!!

there are ofcourse many FETs operating on 300 A even but i need the one which operated from a 10V supply between drain and source as higher supplies are not commercially available here. Another of my requirements is that it should saturate at a gate voltage pulse of 10V.can u suggest one for me?
anyway what factors govern the supply for a transistor?ive seen some operating at 5 V and some at 12 V collector voltage while some at 100V even.

Digikey and Newarkinone have thousands of Mosfets at many voltage and current ratings. Most are rated with 10V gate drive. Their price doesn't agree with their ratings but is set by how many of a certain type are sold.
I don't know what brands are available in your area so I can't make a recommendation of one for you.