Electronics-Lab.com Community

Sterring Wheel Vibrator

Hi,

I have a computer sterring wheel with no vibrator or force feedback.
I was wondering if it's possible to make one,in concept should be very simple to do it...the circuit that get's electric impulses from the pc whene the car is shacked and an electric motor that vibrates inside of the sterring wheel.
Does anybody know how to do it?

been quite some time since i've posted here, but i think i may have somethin' for ya.

about a year ago i found these forums when looking to build a wheel from scratch (precise movement, force-feedback, etc) and found it to be an excellent resource.

Race Sim Central - Hardware and Software

i think i have have some more links in my bookmarks folder, but it'll take ma while to find 'em if they're there.

hope that, at least, gets you pointed in the right direction.

godfather, i'll go through my links and weed out the ones that won't help much and post 'em up here when i get a few spare minutes.

as far as converting GAME to USB, that's a tricky one for myself, but i'm sure someone around here knows. when i went through and converted my driving force pro, it was already USB, but i upgraded the pots and just broke down and bought a usb board that had all that inputs already on it for about $40. now that i think about it, i probably shoulda tried to make one myself, relatively simple looking.

i'll see what i can do tonight about the links. btw, what kind of wheel are you working with?

Thank you mate for trying to help me :D
I have manage to make a vibrating system on my wheel...very rudimentary but it works:D...I have taken a cellular phone vibrator ,put the electric motor in my wheel,then I'v connected a variable resistor on my brake pedal...conected the resistor with my motor...then the power suplie:I"v made it from a 6 V transformator with a diode bridge.
So now whene I brake with force the wheel vibrates:D Simple as that...
As for the Gamepad 2 USB thing it's complicated...the gamepad uses analogical signals and the USB digital ones.So you can't make the conversion without a circuit board .
My wheel is a logic3 JT226 model.
Here is a photo:

jt2262zv.gif