Electronics-Lab.com Community

HP VL-609 Motherboard manual or any ideas?

GreekPIC

I saved a motherboard from the trip to the dumpster. It's from a HP machine and I can't find no info for it. What puzzles me is the front panel connector. It doesn't have the usual PWR LED, PWR SW, HD LED etc, pin header.

There's only a six pin header labeled "FRCNT CABLE". So, does anybody know were I can find the manual or a way to figure how to turn this thing on? I just want the power switch pins, I don't care about the leds. Is there a way to trace it?

I know the ATX PS wants pin 14 and 13 shorted to start, should it try to see if any of those is connected to the header?

Thanks,
Nikolas

Ok, small update. I found the PWR SW connection. Shorting pins 1 & 2 powers the system up and holding them for ~10sec turns it off.

However it doesn't boot up. So I still need help for the manual (or ideas on what might be wrong). There is a DIP switch on the M/B I can't figure out and I'm not even sure it supports the CPU I installed (I read somewhere that it does).

Nikolas

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...