Electronics-Lab.com Community

Need help - Computerized Scale

Hello .
Resently I have started geting interested in modifing a scale so I will be able to see a graf on my computer of any wight movements.
I saw here some when a thermometer that doing the same can I modify just the parts and use the same program? and as the sensor i will use a usual human scale?
tnx Ron
some thing like this one
http://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/pc/013/index.html

Hey Ron.  I posted a help question, too, and it was pretty much ignored.  I don't know if it was the wrong place to ask or what.  Anyway, what kind of scale are you modifying?  If it is digital, you can tie into the digital output to the display circuit and read it via a serial line.  I don't know about the software for the thermometer, so I can't really comment on that.  However, writing a program that checks the serial port and writes it to a database should be rather elementary. 

Check out "Circuit Cellar" magazine, issue #191, June 2006.  The article is entitled, "Measure Weight and Dimensions with Ease".  I think it might just be what you are looking for.

As for programming, try Visual Basic.  It's easy and inexpensive.  It's always better to code your own application.  Your only other option is to pay someone else to do it.  It's not that hard, really.