Electronics-Lab.com Community

(HELP) I need a little help

ok, i have invented a type of rail gun which i like to call a capacitor gun. anyway, with my latest module i am making a gun with a rechargable pack inside the wepon itself. I only have one problem. I need a type of one way valve to control the electron flow. What can i use other that a diode that wont cause and dramatic change to the Voltage?
Also i need to know what Ohm resister i would need to lower 45V to a low 2V so i light a LED without frying it. Thanx for any help with this project
Plz, could you reply back to my email at:

[email protected]

it would be very much apreciated
and thanx again.

I need a type of one way valve to control the electron flow. What can i use other that a diode that wont cause and dramatic change to the Voltage?

A transistor or a Mosfet is a one-way valve. The load current affects the voltage.

Also i need to know what Ohm resister i would need to lower 45V to a low 2V so i light a LED without frying it.

An LED operates with current, not voltage. So a current limiting resistor will have 43V across it. If you want a current of 20mA then 43V/20mA= 2150 ohms. A 2.2K resistor would make 19.5mA flow through the LED that has a max of about 30mA. The power heating the resistor is 19.5mA x 43V= 839mW so use a 2W 2.2k resistor.