Electronics-Lab.com Community

Facing problem in inverter Design

Why select the IRFP150N FET?? It stikes me as being major overkill!!! In a push pull primary, the drain amplitude will never exceed 2 times Vin (plus leakage inductance spikes). With good snubbers, or active clamps, you could get away with 30V MOSFET's that have a sub .01 ohm Rds on. If you think that a bit too close, go to 60V FET's, but unless those FET's (IFRP150N's ) are something you have laying around, your throwing away Rds on for max Vds that you don't need.

As long as the primary is switching (with no load on the secondary) you will draw current from your source. Why would you think that you wouldn't?? Even a "powered up" transformer sitting on a bench with an open secondary is consuming some power.

Oh........... you didn't say how much current is being drawn??

Hai........

Thaks for ur replies..........

quote:

“How much current is it drawing?”

When i am trying to give an voltage form variable battery source (0 to 5V ) 1 Amp. , it draws 0.02 Amps for 1V input......

When i started increasing the voltage in center tap, the transformer secondary voltage also gets increased with increasing in current with no load condition......

quote :