Electronics-Lab.com Community

New to Electronics

Devilschild

Hey I'm in High School and new to electronics. I study Physics and can solder quite well. Im just wondering what is the best way to learn more about electronics without doing a course. I want to be able to read and construct electronic boards for home use, but dont have a clue what I am doing.

Questions that have been bothering me:

When I look at a schematic for something i want to build, i know what parts i need, but how do i know where to put them, and how do you join them on a PCB board?

Also, where is the best place to buy PCB parts, i live in Australia and my local Tandy and Dick Smith Electronics do not supply most of the specific parts i need?

Thanks for the help guys

When I look at a schematic for something i want to build, i know what parts i need, but how do i know where to put them, and how do you join them on a PCB board?

a breadboard would be a great help.. get yourself one.. assemble your circuit there, taht way, you wont have to be soldering-desoldering all the time..

watch out for the polarity

make sure you have the right components and the values..

check and re-check again for a couple of times just to be sure..

8)