Electronics-Lab.com Community

urgent!help please?

HI R2

sorry for late replying, well! there are a no of options u can go for. First one recomendation of mine is this that you should Use MOSFETS for Hbridge. They switch a lot faster and are easier to control.

By using MOSFETs, you can have a no of driver options. Like you can use MAX621, a quad mosfet driver. Just connect ur MOSFET hbridge with it, and it will go beyond ur expectations.

Second option is TC4424, a dual MOSFET driver, superb switching speed, and response time. YOu have to use two TC4420 for a 4-MOSFET h-bridge.

Third OPtion is to use 2N304 and 2N306 BJTs for driving the MOSFETs.

You must have a clear view in ur mind about the driver of the Hbridge.
What it actually does is switch on and switch of the transistors in your Hbridge. The faster it would be, the better. Similarly, the faster the transistors would be, the better the response of the circuit..

I would recommend you to switch each MOSFET separately. Like if you have got 4 MOsfets, two p-channels  and two N-channels, then you should connect gate of each one to the separate output of the driver.

I would suggest u to go for TC4424 as it is a very very good MOSFET Driver. I have personally used it for my robotics project to run my powerfull DC Motors.
But check its datasheet first as i think it is supportable upto 20V only.

????

I hope this will help u somewhat!

take carez

Good Bye!

I wonder how r20552055 did with this project.  Sounded like he was in a hurry.
(Odd, PWM motor drivers are usually not a rush project.)

Just my 2ma worth..
I have been building for a long time and I finally learned that there are times when it is faster and cheaper to BUY parts rather than build them.

There are several good PWM motor drivers on the market from robotics, RC Cars, and industrial suppliers.  Some as low as $20.00 US.  If you understand how a PWM H-Bridge works, the 'Joy' of building one for yourself is lost on the project.  If you just need to get it working, Buy the part from someone and plug it in.  Concentrate on the bigger picture.

I had a robotics project that was a killer with 6 Axis and I spent months designing and building (Etching, Soldering, resoldering) the driver boards and then more time tweeking the software for the drivers.  When I added up the time and money I had spent, it would have been cheaper and faster to buy ready made parts.  I would have had more time to work on the actual ROBOT.  (The Fun Part!)

-Mike

;D"Don't push me, I know how to Bias pentode screen , and I'm not affraid to do it!" ;D