Electronics-Lab.com Community

Relay Switching Problem

Hi guys!

well! im using a 6V double throw relay. It is NORMALLY CLOSED (NC). Now what is happening actually that when i use it openly, it switches properly. But when i connect the load to be switched, like im connecting a 220ohms resistor, then it only connects that terminal of the relay which is connected with that 220ohms resistor. I can explain it in more clear words:

Seee! i want to use the relay so that when it switches at some signal, it connects my 220ohms resistor to ground. When i just check my relay without connecting any load to it, it switches properly. But when i connect the required 220ohms resistor, and then connect the Supply to the circuit, it gets switched and then the terminal which is connected with my 220ohms gets connected with the COM pin of relay. and the other one doesnot connect with it. While what i want is this , that at the connection of power supply, the terminal which is not connected with the 220ohm should be connected with COM pin. and when i send a particular signal, then the terminal which is connected with 220ohms should be connected with the Vcc. But this is not happening, i have reversed the terminals but no result.

Please help me as soon as possible!

thanks in advance!

Hi Shaiq,
Connect the resistor to the COM contact which toggles between the NC when not activated and the NO when activated.

You want two opposite things but it can do only one of them:
1) "i want to use the relay so that when it switches at some signal, it connects my 220ohms resistor to ground."
2) "when i send a particular signal, then the terminal which is connected with 220ohms should be connected with the Vcc."