Electronics-Lab.com Community

ISS108 diode information reqest

steven

:)i did a google serch for information on this part and all i got was one page and everything i clicked on reqierd me to be a memeber or register and one page cannot be found and another the manufacter detail button dident work  so can anyone here go better and give me the information on this part without the hassels , i get from trying to find out about it from sites that dont serve to well, information for parts

Looks like D1 clamps the negative portion of the waveform that's AC coupled thru C4 and D2 is the rectifier.

The only thing you have to keep in mind when selecting the diode is PVI (peak inverse voltage) and the current rating. Use a Schottky diode for a lower forward drop (better efficiency) and much less reverse recovery time at the expense of higher junction capacitance... if you don't care about stuff like that, use any old fast recovery with the proper ratings.

What is the expected output current? Can't be much because of R1, the 1K (at 1mA of current that would be a 30V drop). You might consider a boost converter based on a 555 used as a PWM.

heres the circuit that part is in , can anyone tell me how much current it outputs

Hi Steven,
Each 74HC14 inverter has an output current of about 10mA with a 1V drop. So 4 in parallel make 40mA for half the total time and the 30V output will be about 2.6mA. The 5V average current will be about 17mA when the 30V has a 2.6mA load.

Yup......... your right!! I guess that's what happens when you get old and take a "stupid pill" in the morning!!

I have not built this circuit, but I did try to simulate it in 3 different simulators, Workbench, Intusoft and MicroSim, with the same results every time. I couldn't get a output voltage greater than around 10.5V... may I ask what the origin of the circuit is??

I did try to simulate it in 3 different simulators, Workbench, Intusoft and MicroSim, with the same results every time. I couldn't get a output voltage greater than around 10.5V

Did you sim it with a 74HC14 and not a CD74C14?
The 74HC14 has about 10 times the output current of the ordinary Cmos CD74C14.

Neither... an unlimited current square wave generator at frequencies from 20KHz to 300KHz.

Sorry, your frequency is far too low. The LC resonates at 2.140MHz and the circuit produces 1.5mA at 30VDC.
I found the project and its test results here:
http://www.interq.or.jp/japan/se-inoue/e_ckt27.htm

post-1706-14279142936083_thumb.png