Electronics-Lab.com Community

Vocal Remover Circuit

Guest nanop

Hi,
I heard about a vocal remover circuit, it would remove the vocals from most songs.

Can u tell me how it works?
Know of any or have any vocal remover circuits?

Thanks a lot

Vocals in a recording are usually on both stereo channels at the same level (in mono). A vocal remover circuit adds the frequencies of voices from the other channel out-of-phase so it cancels the same signal in the channel that is in-phase. When music is normally different on each stereo channel then the music doesn't cancel. The mono bass is filtered out of the adding circuit and goes unchanged.

Go to Google and search for Vocal Remover Circuit and the 1st link is a kit with a parts list, pcb and schematic.

A vocal remover circuit adds the frequencies of voices from the other channel out-of-phase so it cancels the same signal in the channel that is in-phase.

Can u explain to me more about how this works?

Thanks

Can u explain to me more about how this works?

Both stereo channels have the vocals at the same level (in mono) and both are in phase.
The circuit takes the 1st channel's vocal sounds, inverts their phase with an opamp inverting amplifier then adds them to the 2nd channel's original sound. Since the sounds are the same but with the opposite phase then they cancel.
Normal stereo music is different on the two stereo channels. Therefore it doesn't cancel.

• 13 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...