Electronics-Lab.com Community

PCB's... I am losing my hair !

Lakhan

Howdy Everyone!

I have successfully executed on breadboards, several small and interesting circuits available in this forum. However, when I approach any PCB manufacturer to make a few PCB’s (say ten), I am looked at derisively….and my assembled circuits continue to remain on breadboards… I am not able to replicate.

Can some helpful soul tell me step-by-step
(be warned...I am a wee bit slow on the uptake! ) how to convert simple schematics to PCB using free software?

Even good links would do.

I have a good inkjet printer…I can even use my friends laserjet.

Thanks!

Check this site -

http://www.expresspcb.com/

You can use their schematic entry and CAD program for free.

There PCB turnaround time is also good. You do not need to generate gerbers also. Once done you can connect to thier server from CAD program and it extracts all the necessary layer information from your PCB file.

Hello Lakhan

There are a lot of threads on making PCB's on this form just do a search, (the search botton is up on the top of this page).
          also In the Articles section (at the top of this page) there is a good one on making PCB's and  using software.
  and  also you might consider using stripboards.
                                  have fun
                                  gogo

Hi!

May I beg to disagree? My topic was regarding the process of making PCB's by newbies. So how is that classified as "conversation"?

So also my post regarding the frying of TV's...this too relates to circuits/switches which would prevent such costly mishaps....and any response to the issues raised by me re Lightning strikes should have a wide reader interest and utility.

Your classification of my posts as "conversation" is probably based purely on the subject matters......here I plead guilty as I believe that the subject matter should not by cut n dried but also carry a fair amount of humor ...so sadly lacking around the world!...This, I admit is of course strictly subject to the condition that issues raised relate to electronics and power controls..etc...which you will perhaps agree, my posts do.

Further, I am not even for a moment suggesting that such a great forum as the Electronics Lab should be reduced to a silly and frivolous yakking club. NO!!

I would earnestly welcome your valuable advise and suggestions as to how I could (as a newbie) go about the forum in future...but frankly making the forum TOO straight jacketed would probably cost it a lot of appeal.

Best regards,

Lakhan
Bangalore
India