Electronics-Lab.com Community

amplify..

gaeasNavel

i really dont know... coz ive tried to make an object avoider and ive used a relay for the motor to reverse, but since im using a relay(12v), after ive run the circuit the relay wont work properly, my circuit has only 3 sensors, 3 basic gates, a transitor to switch the relay,  but still the output voltage going to the relay drops down from 12 volts to 5.... I really dont know what happen..

Instead of drawing a relay with a coil and contacts, you drew a box with 4 wires. So I don't know which wire does what.

It looks like the transistor is giving the relay coil about 4V (maybe not enough voltage for a 6V relay), and the motor is fed 3V from the relay contacts. The relay coils don't have a reversed diode across them to arrest the high voltage spike when they turn off, so the transistors and maybe the ICs are destroyed.

The circuit doesn't have a 12V power supply like you said.

In looking at your schematic, it seems that you are powering and also grounding your motors through the relays. Perhaps I misunderstood which lines were which. However, if this is the case, I would advise that you use a permanent ground or permanent voltage connection and only use the relay for the other lead. You only need to disable one connection to the motor to stop it from running. This will reduce some arcing in the relays and the circuit will last longer without the need for maintenance.
Next, you should probe the circuit from the motor back to the digital circuit to see where the voltage loss becomes apparent. I would use a better design for the transistors used as a switch. Look closely at this area when you are probing.

MP