Electronics-Lab.com Community

Oscilloscope

Hello

Thanks for the links Chris 50
  I never used a oscilloscope, so I do not know what would be a good one to start out with.
        I found this one,
http://www.electronickits.com/gold/st16b.htm
        Not sure if its a good choice. I am just a hobbist and don't really need one but still it be nice to have one. Thanks for any input.
                              have fun gogo

That 'scope kit is the cheapest that I have seen for more than 40 years.
It has only a single channel. Most 'scopes have two so you can compare signals, pulses and their timing.
It has a pretty small screen but is OK for a hobbiest.
It has a low bandwidth but is OK for a hobbiest.
It is about the same as the kit 'scope that I have used for 40 years. It is a lot better than nothing. ;D

Hi,  gogo
Thanks for reply. I'am also new to the hobby of electronics, i have a cheap scope about 5Mhz in spec, its ok for me being a newbie and all that, i shall be trying to build my test gear, i think this is a good way to learn, my soldering is ok i use a antex iron small wattage with a 0.5mm tip, works fine for me, i have under construction a fcl_x meter which will test caps-freq counter-xtals i have etched the pcb all went well, and iam busy mounting all components to the board no problems so far_ web address is, http://www.hamradioindia.org/circuits/fcl.php
take a look they have given the meter good remarks
AS for software PCB WIZARD was my first program - have moved to EAGLE and finding my way round this along with Eagle 3D from this site wow !!.

Keep in touch
Regards, chris 50.

Hello Chris 50

Nice link thanks.
    I too use eagle and pcb wiz, I like both sometimes when I have something simple I use pcb wiz. For the hard ones I use egale, it has more componeits and has more options.
    I down loaded that project and will attach the files to this post.
                                Like I said thanks
                                    have fun
                                      gogo

fcl_meter.zip

fcl_pcb.zip