Electronics-Lab.com Community

TIG Inverter

alkv23

Hello friend i have problem with my TIG welding inverter so need i need idea from you all. Ok the inverter will trip few second after switch on it. First the problem is the exhaust fan but after change i facing same problem. I had attach the pix below. If i plug in the connector and on sure it will trip but if i not plug in it wont trip. Now i just want to know what should i do to solve the problem and hope u all can guide me to solve the problem.

post-8815-14279143123781_thumb.jpg

post-8815-14279143125077_thumb.jpg

Hi alkv,

I don’t recognize the model of your TIG, I guess it’s not a US or EU made one?
The fact that it shuts down just after power up suggests that it performs a self test which fails. If the fan has been broken the odds are that something has died from overheating, have you checked the IGBTs for short or open circuit?

Well, IGBTs are a kind of power transistors (Google IGBT) and you have to have some basic knowledge to be able to test them properly. You will find them on the heatsinks (if the manufacturer use this kind of transistors) they come in many shapes so I don’t know exactly what they looks like in your inverter, some are even light trigged by optofibres. A schematic and a service manual would be nice too! Have you made a visual inspection of all the parts, looked for burns or discolored parts or pcb sections?