Electronics-Lab.com Community

slow moving DC motor

I'm trying to find a micro DC motor that will run at 1 rpm. Basically I need a battery powered analog 60 second stop watch that I can hack open - which I cannot find anywhere. Even a battery powered wrist watch with a sweeping second hand would do, but not one that jumps like the quartz movments do. I realize that motors this slow would require reduction gearing and that is fine, as long as the gearing is either on top of the shaft or integrated within the assembley which cannot be more then 1 inch in height. Does anyone have a connections for a product like this?

This is for a toy project I am working on.

Thanks,

Bruce

Sure I could use a servo, as long as it is small. But this basic stamp processor is the issue. Can I buy one that is already made up to do what I want? I bet this would require creating some kind of circuit board, inserting a chip and programming it. This would probably be cost prohibitive, beyond my capabilities, and take up too much room in the toy. Am I right?

Bruce