Electronics-Lab.com Community

Electronics kits...

Lupin Forius

Hello

I was thinking about a kit that could mesure smd caps with a dig readout, or even a reader that could give you the value of a resistor just buy scaning it. Hey I am full of kits. How about a automatic inventory counter. mmm an automatic nightlight that can tell when you fell  a sleep then turned off, just an idea. I don't know what did you have in mind
                                      gogo

Stupidly on my part, I forgot to mention that by "kit" I mean "build-your-own [insert whatever the final device is]"

Cheaper kits  :)

What do you take me for, a bloodsucking corporation?? LOL
Cheaper goes w/o saying. Sure, I'll eventually try to make a profit selling kits. But I'm a hobbyist selling to hobbyists. This's just another aspect of the hobby...

many kits I see r too expensive with just a few parts (resistors and capacitors basically costs nothing) and a PCB board

Well, the prices I'll set will be about equal to the cost of the parts + what I'm selling my designs for (don't worry, I'm modest :P ). I'll only make a profit off it, 'cos I'll be buying the parts in bulk, and reselling them individually.

Hey, I'm honest, right? I'm one of you guys... :P

• 1 month later...

Hi
audioguru is right in saying not make CHEAP kits. in general many kits are costly perhaps due to limited volumes sold, as compared to finished products.

members prestigeous fourms like e-lab.com shold comeforward to be able design and realise instead of ckd or skd assembly.

Here also, as Audioguru once put it -- we will be able to assemble but not give a finishing to it with a proper cabinet or a housing.

If these are done for the sake of experience(hands on ) then the extra cost is worth it as person gains practical knowledge which will be a factor to deside his/her future.